Vegan Crabby-Less Burger
Vegan Crabby-less Burger is one of these meals that I could eat nearly every week. The great news is that being plant-based, it feels like a cheat but really it is a much healthier option. It’s also a great option for those who may have a shellfish allergy.
We’ve taken our Heart of Palm (Crab-less) cake and put it between a homemade Burger Bun, added Vegan Tartar Sauce, Tomato Concasse, and finished it with Walnut Garlic Crunch to give this burger an over-the-top taste.
I’ve used hearts of palm for the base of this vegan crabby patty. I find the texture is perfect to mimick the mouth feel of a traditional crab cake. To bind the crab-less patty together, I use the cashew cream and garbanzo bean flour. If you don’t have garbanzo bean flour, you can substitute most wheat flour or just about any you have on hand. The garbanzo bean flour adds just the right flavor to enhance to briney sweetness to mimick a crab cake.
How to Make Vegan Crabby-less Burger
Crab-less Cake Burger
Servings: 5 Burgers
We've taken our heart of palm (Crab-less) cake and put it between a homemade Burger Bun, added Vegan Tartar Sauce, Tomato Concasse, and finished it with Walnut Garlic Crunch to give this an over-the-top taste.Print Recipe
- Heart of Palm Cake See Recipe
- Vegan hamburger buns See Recipe
- Vegan Tartar sauce See Recipe
- Tomato Concasse See Recipe
- Walnut Chili Crunch See Recipe
- Butter leaf lettuce
- Toast the hamburger buns to golden brown.
- Spread vegan tartar sauce liberally to both sides of the buns.
- On the bottom bun, add the tomato concassé.
- Add the Hearts of Palm patty (aka Crabby-less cake).
- Spoon the Walnut Chili Crunch onto the patty.
- Add lettuce and top bun.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 102g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 1667mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 4mg