Vegan Artichoke Spinach Dip
Vegan Artichoke Spinach Dip is a must for any gathering from a casual to an upscale event. Additionally, there are so many uses for this recipe. Use it as a spread on your wrap, sandwich or as a sauce for pasta.
Dips like artichoke spinach dip grew in popularity during the 1950s when people began eating in front of the television and utensils were not needed.
Traditional artichoke spinach dip uses cream cheese or mayo. I use cashews to create a creamy texture. If you want to save time or don’t have a blender, you can use store-bought vegan cream cheese.
How to Make Vegan Artichoke Spinach Dip
Artichoke Spinach Dip
Servings: 10 As a dip
Vegan Artichoke Spinach Dip is a must for any gathering from casual to the upscale event. However, there are so many uses for this recipe. Use it for a spread on your wrap or sandwich or use it as a sauce for pasta.Print Recipe
- ½ Yellow onion small Dice
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- 3 cups Baby Spinach Sautéed
- 1 Lemon Zested
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Cashew soaked
- 2 Tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Plant Milk
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper ground
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, add diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until the onions start to take on a light brown color. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside too cool.
- Place the cashews, plant milk, dijon mustard, ½ of the artichoke hearts, nutritional yeast, Old Bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, in the blender puree until smooth. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Heat a heavy sauté pan over high heat. Cook and season the spinach with salt in small batches, The goalie to almost toast the spinach more than just wilt it. Nice call of the spinach is cooked and cooled die the spinach a gently pressing to remove any extra water. Give the spinach a rough chop.
- Chop the remaining the other ½ of the artichokes, I like a little texture in the dip but not too much, this is a personal choice.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix to incorporate, zest the whole lemon with a micro-plane grater, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Adjust the salt and the lemon juice to taste.
Nutritional information is an estimate.
Serving: 56grams | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 954IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg