These vegan hamburger buns are a must-have for your recipe collection. We know it can be hard to find a good vegan bun from the store, so go ahead and try this recipe. You can always freeze the buns for later!
Freshly made bread is a real treat. Patience is the most crucial factor in making these buns. They will rise twice so keep an eye on them or set a timer so the bread doesn’t overproof.
The toppings for the buns are typically sesame seeds. Still, you can be as creative as your heart desires including using everything seasoning, sunflower seed, chopped nuts, or even a combination of all of the above. Alternatively, you can leave the buns free of topping and have a plain bun as well.
The history of bread buns dates back to Egyptian times. It’s said that buns were found in the ancient pyramids. Hamburger buns have been refined over the years to meet the needs of the burger that they support. Creating a more hearty bun is the goal.
Use this bun for the Vegan Crab-less Burger or as a dinner roll with the Vegan Steak.
Shop the Recipe…
The affiliate links above earn us a small commission on the purchase if you use the link. We appreciate your support.
How to Make Vegan Hamburger Buns
Vegan Hamburger Buns
Servings: 8 Buns
This vegan hamburger bun is a "must-have" for your recipe collection. We know it can be hard to find a good bun from the store, so go ahead and try this recipe. You can always freeze the buns for later!Print Recipe
- Place the flour into a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, mix. Combine the plant milk and the extra virgin olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the flour. Stir to start forming the dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and start to knead the dough. Start with folding the dough in half and pressing firmly down on the seam with the palms of your hands, press and push the dough forward at the same time. Repeat this for about 10 minute. The dough should become very smooth and the skin of the dough should be tight when shaped into a ball.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a cloth, place in a warm place for an 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Remove the dough and portion buns into 8 pieces. The bun size is 4.5 ounce. After the dough has been portioned start to form the individual buns. Start with a ball and place your hand over the dough, gently roll in a circle using the finger tips to form a ball and tuck the sides down into the ball. The dough should have tight skin and be smooth.
- Place the formed buns on a parchment lined baking sheet and cover with a cloth. Allow the dough to rise or 30 minus. The buns should double in size.
- Mix the plant milk and maple syrup. Using a pastry brush, gently glaze the buns, making sure to not press too hard on the buns. Optional: Season with sesame seeds or Everything Seasoning.
- Place the buns in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees. Cook for about 15 minutes. The buns should be a deep gold brown.
- Remove buns from the oven allow to cool completely.
Nutritional Values are an estimate.
Serving: 4.5Ounces | Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.003mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg