Vegan Tartar Sauce is an easy, must-have recipe for your vegan culinary toolkit. I love the briny, tangy, creaminess of this sauce for everything from the Crab-less cake to dipping my french Fries.
Tartar sauce started showing up in cookbooks in France in the 19th century and has been used as an accompaniment for a plethora of dishes. It’s ubiquitous with seafood and so a perfect pairing with vegan crab cakes.
You’ll love this with the Crab-less cakes! This recipe is perfect for the Crabless Cake Burger.
Shop the Recipe…
The affiliate links above earn us a small commission on the purchase if you use the link. We appreciate your support.
How to Make Vegan Tartar Sauce
What You Need…
- Cashew Cream- this is the base of the tartar sauce. If you have a nut allergy or don’t have a good blender, vegan mayo is your next best option. You can find many vegan varieties at your local store or you can easily make your own.
- Gerkins – are little dill pickles. You can also use pickle relish, but you can also use sweet relish.
- Capers add a nice herbaceous savory brine to the sauce that I love.
- Lemon Juice – a small squeeze of fresh lemon juice is optional, yet adds a ton of flavor to the tartar sauce. You can also use bottled lemon juice if you don’t have fresh.
- Dill – fresh dill is optional but adds a lot to homemade tartar sauce and I highly recommend it! You can use dried dill too if you don’t have fresh.
Vegan Tartar Sauce
Servings: 8 ounces
Vegan Tartar Sauce is an easy and must have recipe for your culinary toolkit. You'll love this with the Crab-less Patty!Print Recipe
- Combine all of the ingredients, mix and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 2mg