Vegan Ground Beef
The vegan ground beef with our unique spice glaze hits all the marks with umami meaty flavors that balance with caramelized brown sugar. The saltiness from the soy sauce pulls it together for a bite that has texture and robust flavor. This vegan ground beef has a home for any recipe that calls for ground meat. Try it with our Vegan Tacos, Breakfast Casserole, Taco Salad, or Stuffed Peppers.
How To Make Vegan Ground Beef
This is a great recipe to have in your culinary tool kit. It can be added to so many different applications. In this recipe, we added a drizzle of olive oil at the end to get some extra crispy bits. If you’re concerned about oil, you can omit this step.
Vegan Ground Beef
Servings: 32 Ounces
The vegan ground beef spice glaze hits all the marks with umami meaty flavors that balance with caramelized brown sugar. The saltiness from the soy sauce pulls it together for a bite that has texture and robust flavor. This vegan ground beef has a home for any recipe that calls for ground meat. Try it with our Vegan Tacos, Breakfast Casserole, Taco Salad, or Stuffed Peppers.Print Recipe
- 1 Food processor
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 8 oz mushrooms button
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin plus extra for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp mushroom powder
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 Tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- ¼ cup brown sugar dark
- ¼ cup soy sauce
How to make vegan ground beef
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor bowl, and hit the pulse button 4-5 times pulsing for 2 seconds. Creating a small crumble.
- Repeat seperatly with the button mushrooms and the walnut pieces.
- Place the crumble in a large bowl.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil over low heat, and add the chili powder, granulated garlic, mushroom powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and dark brown sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes, the heat is going to release the essential oils of the spices.
- Add the soy sauce, and stir to combine.
- Pour the spice mixture into the crumble. Stir to combine and coat all of the vegetables. Adjust the salt levels if needed.
- Spread the vegan ground beef between two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the crumble.
- After 15 minutes of cooking stir and turn the vegan ground beef, and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- The vegan ground beef should be moist, yet have a few crispy pieces along the edges.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Serving: 1Ounces | Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.5mg