All it takes is a dash of spice and you will have created a dish that is diverse in flavor and texture. The Moroccan Spiced Tomato Sauce was one of your most requested sauces when we owned our catering company. Moroccan spiced tomato sauce can be paired with so many different sides, anything from roasted vegetables, to couscous.
The tofu is a game-changer all on its own, the hint of sesame oil and everything seasoning works perfectly together. This simple dish delivers amazing flavor.
Shop the Recipe...
Moroccan Spiced Sauce
Diced Red Onion & Sliced Garlic
Add Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
Add Golden Raisins
Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu
Brush Sesame Oil onto the Tofu (both sides)
Press the Everything Seasoning into the Tofu (both sides)
Bake for 15 minutes each side
Maple Ginger Vinaigrette
Shallots and Ginger
Cook until tender (3 minutes), add additional ingredients & combine
Blistered Long Beans
Blister the Long Beans on all sides
Add Maple Ginger Vinaigrette & Mix
Toasting the spices is an important step to elevate the Moroccan Spiced Sauce. It only takes a few minutes and really helps develop the flavors by allowing the essential oils in the spices to be released. You should do this when working with curry spices as well.
The Moroccan Spiced Sauce is a versatile accompaniment to an array of dishes. You could pair it with Tempeh, Baked Potato, Butternut Squash just to name a few.
Moroccan Spiced Sauce with Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu
Moroccan Spiced Tomato Sauce
Maple Ginger Vinaigrette
How to make Spiced Moroccan Tomato Sauce
- Sauté the olive oil, diced red onions, and sliced garlic, season with kosher salt. Cook together for 3 minutes, over medium-low heat. The onions should be tender.
- Reduce heat to low, add the cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute, just enough to release the oils in the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes, and stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the golden raisin, adjust the thickness of the sauce with the water. Cover and keep warm until time to serve.
How to Make Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut the tofu into 8 portions shaped like a triangle.
- Place the everything seasoning onto a plate.
- Brush the tofu with the sesame oil, then firmly press the tofu into the everything seasoning. Brush the other side with sesame oil, then press that side into the everything seasoning so that both sides are coated.
- Place on the oiled parchment paper. Cook for 15 minutes, flip the tofu and continue to cook for 15 minutes more. The tofu should be crispy on the edges, and light golden brown.
How to make Maple Ginger Vinaigrette.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat. Add the shaved shallots and ginger. Season with the kosher salt, stir, cooking for 3 minutes. The shallots and ginger should be tender without any color. Add the red chili flakes
- Finish with 3 Tbsp maple syrup, and black vinegar. Stir to combine, remove from the heat and set aside.
How to make Blistered Long Beans.
- Heat a heavy cast-iron pan over high heat. Add the long bean to the pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the beans, and season with kosher salt. Allow the long beans to blister before you turn them over. Continue to cook until well blistered on each side.
- Turn the heat off, add the maple ginger vinaigrette, and stir to combine.