Moroccan Sauce with Baked Tofu
This Moroccan Sauce was one of your most requested sauces when we owned our catering company. Subsequently, all it takes is a dash of spice and you will have created a dish that is diverse in flavor and texture. Moroccan spiced tomato sauce can be paired with so many different sides, anything from roasted vegetables to couscous.
The tofu is a game-changer all on its own, the hint of sesame oil and everything seasoning works perfectly together. This simple dish delivers amazing flavor.
How to Make Moroccan Sauce
Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu for Moroccan Sauce
How to Make Maple Ginger Vinaigrette
How to Cook Blistered Long Beans
Toasting the spices is an important step to elevate the Moroccan Spiced Sauce. It only takes a few minutes and really helps develop the flavors by allowing the essential oils in the spices to be released. Furthermore, you should do this when working with curry spices as well.
The Moroccan Spiced Sauce is a versatile accompaniment to an array of dishes. You could pair it with Tempeh, Baked Potato, and Butternut Squash just to name a few.
Moroccan Spiced Sauce with Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu
Servings: 4 People
The Moroccan Spiced Tomato Sauce was one of your most requested sauces when we owned our catering company. Moroccan spiced tomato sauce can be paired with so many different sides, anything from roasted vegetables, to couscous.Print Recipe
Moroccan Spiced Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup red onions diced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cardamon ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- ½ tsp cumin ground
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 2 can tomatoes fire-roasted, diced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup water
Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu
- 1 to firm tofu
- 2-3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp everything seasoning
Maple Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger fresh julienne cut
- 1 shallot large, sliced thinly into rounds
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp red chili flake
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp black vinegar
Blistered Long Beans
- 8 oz long beans
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
How to make Spiced Moroccan Tomato Sauce
- Sauté the olive oil, diced red onions, and sliced garlic, season with kosher salt. Cook together for 3 minutes, over medium-low heat. The onions should be tender.
- Reduce heat to low, add the cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute, just enough to release the oils in the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes, and stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the golden raisin, adjust the thickness of the sauce with the water. Cover and keep warm until time to serve.
How to Make Baked Everything Seasoned Tofu
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut the tofu into 8 portions shaped like a triangle.
- Place the everything seasoning onto a plate.
- Brush the tofu with the sesame oil, then firmly press the tofu into the everything seasoning. Brush the other side with sesame oil, then press that side into the everything seasoning so that both sides are coated.
- Place on the oiled parchment paper. Cook for 15 minutes, flip the tofu and continue to cook for 15 minutes more. The tofu should be crispy on the edges, and light golden brown.
How to make Maple Ginger Vinaigrette.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat. Add the shaved shallots and ginger. Season with the kosher salt, stir, cooking for 3 minutes. The shallots and ginger should be tender without any color. Add the red chili flakes
- Finish with 3 Tbsp maple syrup, and black vinegar. Stir to combine, remove from the heat and set aside.
How to make Blistered Long Beans.
- Heat a heavy cast-iron pan over high heat. Add the long bean to the pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the beans, and season with kosher salt. Allow the long beans to blister before you turn them over. Continue to cook until well blistered on each side.
- Turn the heat off, add the maple ginger vinaigrette, and stir to combine.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 967mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 501IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 3mg