Classic Vegan Mayo
This homemade classic vegan mayo recipe is a staple in our refrigerator and will soon become a staple in yours. I find it easy to make, creamy, and delicious.
Vegan Mayo can be made using a variety of ingredients such as tofu, plant milk, cashews, or aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) as a base, and is often flavored with vinegar, mustard, and seasonings.
I find that one of the benefits of vegan mayo is that it is suitable for those who are allergic to eggs or have dietary restrictions that prohibit the consumption of animal products. Subsequently, it can also be a healthier option as it is often lower in saturated fat and cholesterol than traditional mayonnaise. Additionally, we always love to promote healthy options.
We’re seeing many grocery stores now carry vegan mayonnaise options. It can also be easily made at home with a blender or food processor and some essential ingredients. We like to make our own vegan mayo as it allows us to control the elements and tailor the flavors to our personal preferences.
Vegan mayo can be used in a variety of ways, just like traditional mayonnaise. It can be used as a spread on sandwiches, as a dressing for salads, or as an ingredient in dips and sauces. Furthermore, it can also be used as a base for other condiments like vegan aioli or vegan tartar sauce. You can use this as a spread on your burger or as a creamy base for the curry salad.
How To Make Classic Vegan Mayo
This Classic Vegan Mayo Recipe is a very versatile ingredient to have on hand. You can use this as a spread, turn it into a dressing, and create different flavored mayo just to name a few uses.
Classic Vegan Mayo
Servings: 24 ounces
This homemade Vegan Mayo Recipe will become a staple in your refrigerator. Easy to make, creamy, and delicious. What else do you need?Print Recipe
- 1 High Speed Blender optional
- 12 oz. silken tofu
- ½ cup cashew pieces blanched and cooled
- 2 ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 ½ tsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
How to make classic vegan mayo
- Place the cashew in a pot with water, and bring to a boil cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow to hydrate for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blend except the olive oil. Purée until very smooth, slowly add the olive oil, while the blender is still puréeing on high speed.
- Place the classic vegan mayo in a glass container and cool.
Nutritional values are an estimate
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg