Vegan Benedict for beginners! This dish uses soft tofu in a way that you will not believe. Placing the soft tofu in the flavored brine adds huge flavor and is an easy step in adding a ton of flavor to this dish. This Vegan Tofu Benedict looks and tastes like you have been cooking in the kitchen all day, the truth is you can get all of this done in less than an hour.
Shop the Recipe…
The affiliate links above earn us a small commission on the purchase if you use the link. We appreciate your support.
How to make the Tofu for Vegan Benedict
How to Make Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
Swaps and Substitutions
Need to make some swaps? Check out our switcharoo page for more information.
Servings: 8 people
This dish uses soft tofu in a way that you will not believe. Placing the soft tofu in the flavored brine adds huge flavor and is an easy step in adding a ton of flavor to this dish. This Vegan Tofu Benedict looks and tastes like you have been cooking in the kitchen all day, the truth is you can get all of this done in less than an hour.Print Recipe
Tofu and Brine Liquid
What you need to build the Tofu Benedict
- 1 Tbsp parsley chopped
- dash cayenne pepper ground
How to Make Brine Poached Tofu
- Use a pot large enough to hold all eight portions of tofu. Combine all of the ingredients in the pot, heat over medium, stir to mix and dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Remove the tofu from its package and drain.
- Cut the tofu in half, starting with the shorter side, then cut those halves into 4 portions.
- Gently place the tofu into the brine and reduce the heat to low. The goal is to gently poach the tofu, if the brine boils it may break the tofu and the brine will reduce. The longer the tofu can poach the better. We recommend 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Building the Tofu Benedict
- Butter the English muffin, toast under the broiler until golden brown and crispy.
- Place the farro sausage patty on top of the English muffin.
- Gently remove the tofu from the brine, placing it on top of the farro sausage.
- Cover the tofu with vegan hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish with a dash of cayenne pepper and chopped parsley.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 919mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
Servings: 16 ounces
You'll love this versatile and easy recipe that can be used for so much more than just brunch.Print Recipe
How To Make Slurry
- Combine the plant milk, potato starch, and tapioca starch, whisk to combine.
How To Make Amazing Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a pot except the slurry, nutritional yeast and lemon zest. Gently cook over low heat until the carrots are tender and the cashews are soft. Remove bay leaf before blending.
- Place in a high-speed blender, puree until very smooth.
- Place the vegan hollandaise in a pot, over low heat.
- Add the slurry and the nutritional yeast to the vegan hollandaise, stir to combine. Heat the hollandaise until you see the first bubble. Turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon zest and adjust the thickness with plant milk if needed.
Nutritional values are estimates.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 771IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg