Introduction to Vegan Skillet Pizza
I love pizza, but as a vegan, finding a good pizza that fits my dietary restrictions can be a challenge. That’s why I started making my own vegan skillet pizza at home. And let me tell you, it’s not only delicious but also really easy to make!
The first thing I do is prepare the vegan truffle cream sauce. The result is a rich and flavorful sauce that’s perfect for pizza. Next, I prepare the toppings. I love using shiitake mushrooms for their earthy flavor, marinate them with balsamic vinegar.
Now it’s time to assemble the pizza. Roll out the dough then brush it with a little bit of olive oil and place it in the skillet. I spread the vegan truffle cream sauce on top of the dough, leaving a little bit of space around the edges for the crust to puff up.
Finally, I add the marinated shiitake mushrooms on top of the sauce. I place the skillet in the oven and cook the pizza for 18-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
When it’s done, drizzle with our parsley, red chili flake, and garlic oil. The result is a delicious and satisfying vegan pizza that’s loaded with flavor and texture.
Overall, this vegan skillet pizza recipe is a winner in my book. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and satisfies my pizza cravings without sacrificing my dietary restrictions. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Shop the Recipe…
What You Need…
How to Make Vegan Skillet Pizza
Vegan Skillet Pizza
- 1 pizza dough pre-made/store-bought (find the homemade recipe here)
Truffle Cream Sauce
How to make Pizza Dough
- Place the dough in a lightly oil bowl. Cover with a cloth.
- Place in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. 20-30 minutes.
How to Make Truffle Cream Sauce
- Sauté the onion with extra virgin olive oil, for 2-3 minutes. The onion should not take on any color.
- Add the dry Vermouth, cashews, silken tofu, and plant milk. Cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- The finished sauce should have been reduced by half.
- Puree until smooth.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, salt, and truffle oil.
How to make Balsamic Shiitake mushrooms
- Remove the stems, and add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt, and use your hands to rub the marinade into the mushrooms.
How to Make Caramelized Onions
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add the extra virgin olive and the onions.
- Cook over low heat until a light golden brown.
How to Make Red Chili Garlic Parsley Oil
- Combine the parsley, garlic, salt, rice wine vinegar, and red chili flakes.
How to Build the Skillet Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Roll the pizza dough to the size of the cast iron pan.
- Lightly coat the pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the dough in the pan, and gently push the dough up the side of the pan.
- Brush extra virgin olive oil on the dough. This helps create a barrier between the dough and the sauce making the pizza soggy.
- Spread a generous layer of vegan truffle cream on the pizza.
- Place the shiitakes gills side down. Spread the caramelized onions on top.
- Bake until golden brown around 18-20 minutes.
- Drizzle the red chili garlic parsley oil on top of the pizza.