Making vegan scones is easier than you may think. When I think of scones, I think of High Tea or something very fancy but these vegan scones are really easy to make. They are light and fluffy and very versatile to different fillings you may want to use.
If you aren’t a chocolate lover, you can substitute blueberries or just have them plain. The glaze is also optional. Try these out and let us know how you made them.
For traditional English scones made vegan, you can make vegan clotted cream and add your favorite jam. The only question is whether you’ll add the jam before or after the clotted cream.
Shop the Recipe…
The affiliate links above earn us a small commission on the purchase if you use the link. We appreciate your support.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Scones
with Maple Glaze
What You Need…
Servings: 7 scones
Vegan scones are light and fluffy and very versatile for different fillings you may want to use.Print Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, kosher salt in a bowl, mix to evenly combine all of the ingredients. Cut the cold vegan butter into small pieces then cut the butter into the flour, the flour should resemble a grainy texture. The flour is being coated with the fat which help limit the gluten from forming when the liquid is added.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and the coconut milk, mix together until it starts to bind and come together, do to over mix the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, using an ice cream scoop, scoop the scone dough onto the sheet and lightly press down. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Place on a rack to cool before glazing.
- Melt the vegan butter over low heat. Combine the maple syrup, powdered sugar, whisk to dissolve the sugar, continue to whisk as you add the vegan butter to the maple sugar mixture.
- Allow to cool before glazing the scone.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 622IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 2mg