Making candy is an understandably intimidating task, however, learning to make our homemade Vegan Toffee is not difficult at all. You do have to keep a very close eye on it as it can go from done to burn in a millisecond.
Toffee is a sweet confection that is traditionally made by mixing sugar, butter, and cream together and heating the mixture until it reaches a specific temperature. The mixture is then poured into a mold and allowed to cool and harden. The history of toffee can be traced back to the early 19th century when it was a popular treat among the working class in England.
Vegan toffee can be made by replacing butter and cream with plant-based alternatives such as vegan butter and plant milk. This recipe is a great option for those who follow a vegan lifestyle or have a dairy intolerance.
How To Make Vegan Toffee
- 1 Candy thermometer
- 8 ounce vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
How to make Vegan Toffee
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and have it close at hand.
- Melt the vegan butter in a pot, and add the dark brown sugar. Cook the brown sugar and vegan butter on medium-high heat fr around 10 minutes. Continue to stir vigorously for the whole cooking duration.
- Using a candy thermometer, check the temperature, once the toffee reaches 280 degrees remove it from the heat.
- Carefully pour the toffee onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow the toffee to cool for 5 minutes. Place the toffee in the freezer until set and hard.
- Break the toffee into small pieces. Set aside keeping the toffee cold.