Vegan Toffee is not hard to make. You do have to keep a very close eye on it as it can go from done to burn in a millisecond.
Shop the Recipe...
How To Make Vegan Toffee
Melted Butter & Dark Brown Sugar
Combine the ingredients
Cook to 280 degrees
Spread onto baking pan & spread
Breaking vegan toffee
Vegan toffee can be an ingredient for cookies or cakes as well as its own stand alone dessert like English toffee.
For Vegan English Toffee alone dessert you would make sure to spread the toffee evenly to the edge of the pan, allow to cook then add a chocolate layer on top and chopped nuts. Once set, you can break into bite sized pieces.
- 1 Candy thermometer
- 8 ounce vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
How to make Vegan Toffee
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and have it close at hand.
- Melt the vegan butter in a pot, and add the dark brown sugar. Cook the brown sugar and vegan butter on medium-high heat fr around 10 minutes. Continue to stir vigorously for the whole cooking duration.
- Using a candy thermometer, check the temperature, once the toffee reaches 280 degrees remove it from the heat.
- Carefully pour the toffee onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow the toffee to cool for 5 minutes. Place the toffee in the freezer until set and hard.
- Break the toffee into small pieces. Set aside keeping the toffee cold.