Introduction to Vegan Egg Sandwich
Are you tired of the same old vegan breakfast options? Say hello to the Vegan Egg Sandwich made from mung beans! This delicious and nutritious sandwich will revolutionize how you think about vegan breakfast options.
Mung beans, also known as moong beans, have been a staple in Asian cuisine for centuries. They are a highly versatile legume, often used in soups, stews, and curries. However, they have recently gained popularity as a plant-based egg substitute. That’s right, mung beans can be transformed into a vegan egg-like substance that can be used in a variety of breakfast dishes, including the Vegan Egg Sandwich.
The process of making the vegan egg is simple. Mung beans are soaked overnight, then blended until smooth. The mixture is then combined with spices, such as turmeric, which gives it a yellow hue, and a binding agent to help hold it together. The mixture is then cooked on a griddle or frying pan until it has set and resembles a traditional scrambled egg.
This vegan egg is the star of the show in the Vegan Egg Sandwich. Served on a toasted vegan English muffin with all the fixings of a classic breakfast sandwich including a vegan sausage patty and vegan cheese, this sandwich will satisfy even the biggest meat-lover. The vegan egg has a similar texture to scrambled eggs and is full of flavor, making it the perfect addition to any breakfast sandwich.
So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and healthy vegan breakfast option, try the Vegan Egg Sandwich made from mung beans. Your taste buds will thank you!
Shop the Recipe…
What You Need…
How to Make a Vegan Egg Sandwich
Vegan Egg Sandwich
- 1 cup split mung beans/moong dal soaked overnight
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp black salt or Kala Namak
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil + extra for cooking
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- ¾ tsp maple syrup
- 1 Spicy Vegan Italian Sausage recipe recipe
- Sliced Vegan cheese
- English Muffins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
How to make Vegan Eggs
- Rinse the split mung beans under cold water. Soak the mung beans overnight.
- Drain and rinse the mung beans.
- Place the mung beans in a high-speed blender with all of the ingredients. Puree until smooth, creamy, and thick.
- Place in a jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How to make vegan Scramble egg patty
- Heat a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the ring mold to the pan.
- Once the oil and the ring mold are hot, 1/2 cup of the vegan egg.
- Cover the pan, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Gently remove the ring mold, and flip the vegan egg patty. Cook for 1 minute.
How to make Spicy Vegan Italian sausage patties
- After cooking the sausage mixture, allow cooling t the touch.
- Form into 2.6 ounce portions balls.
- Wet your hands, firmly press the ball between your palms pressing down to form a patty. Shape the patty to match the size of the English muffin. Place the patty on parchment paper.
- Heat a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan, cooking the sausage patty until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the sliced vegan cheese on top of the sausage patty, add a dash of water to the pan, and place a cover over the patty. The steam is going to perfectly melt the cheese.
Building your Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- Toast the English muffin until golden brown.
- Place the sauce patty on the bottom and the egg patty on top.
- Temperature is important. The vegan egg patty is so easy to cook if you nail the temperate and use a cover. The vegan egg turns brown very fast if the pan is too hot. It will also create a tough outer texture. A low heat combined with steam is the perfect way to create a light and fluffy vegan egg.