Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
To make a vegan Caesar dressing, we have to look at the individual ingredients, asking what flavor or texture is it bringing. The next step is finding ingredients that reproduce the same flavor and texture.
Caesar Salad has been a go-to salad for many of us. Over the last eight years, I have been working on my Caesar dressing. It has continued to develop, and grow in flavor and texture to the point that I am the happiest I have been with it. It is hitting all of the marks. Rich and creamy in texture, boldly garlic forward and lemon flavor with extra virgin olive oil notes add to the briny kelp.
WHAT YOU NEED…
How To Make Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
Vegan Caesar Dressing
Servings: 8 ounces
To make a vegan Caesar dressing, we have to look at the individual ingredients, asking what flavor or texture is it bringing. The next step is finding ingredients that reproduce the same flavor and texture. Rich and creamy, bold garlic and lemon flavor with extra virgin olive oil flavored with briny kelp.Print Recipe
- ½ cup cashew blanched and soaked
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp kelp granules
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- 6 oz silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp black vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup nutritional
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- to taste salt kosher
How to make Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Cook the cashews in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Allow the cashews to soak in the cooking water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the cashews. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add the extra virgin olive oil. Add the kelp granules and the celery seeds. Allow the kelp granules and the celery seeds to steep for 5 minutes.
- Place the cashews, tofu, Dijon mustard, black vinegar, and soy sauce in a high-speed blender.
- Puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- Add the kelp oil to the blender, and puree until fully emulsified.
- Add the national yeast and lemon juice. Adjust the salt levels.
- Place in the refrigerator.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg