Vegan miso mascarpone cheese is a creamy puree, flavored with aged red miso and a dash of sweetness for the maple syrup.
WHAT YOU NEED…
How To Make Vegan Miso Mascarpone
Servings: 16 oz
Vegan miso mascarpone cheese is a creamy puree, flavored with aged red miso and a dash of sweetness for the maple syrup.Print Recipe
- ½ cup cashews blanched and soaked
- 6 oz silken tofu
- 1 Tbsp miso paste red
- ¼ cup garlic confit oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt kosher
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
How to make Miso Mascarpone Cream
- Boil the cashews for 2 minutes, and allow the cashews to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Using a high-speed blender, puree the tofu, cashews, water, kosher salt, rice wine vinegar, red miso, and maple syrup. Puree until very smooth, slowly add the garlic confit oil while the blender is pureeing on medium speed.
- Pour the miso mascarpone into a bowl, fold the nutritional yeast and adjust the salt level.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and set.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 0.02mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.4mg