Introduction to Baked Tofu Ham
Vegan Baked Tofu Ham is a recipe that marries flavor, texture, and simplicity in one delightful package. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or someone curious about incorporating more plant-based options into your diet, this recipe is a game-changer.
The Glaze: Elevating Flavor to New Heights
The secret behind our Vegan Baked Tofu Ham lies in its irresistible glaze. A blend of flavors, the glaze is a symphony of sweet, savory, and umami notes that perfectly complement the tofu’s mild taste. This glaze not only adds depth to the dish but also gives it a beautifully caramelized finish, ensuring a visually stunning centerpiece for your table.
At the heart of this recipe is the versatile tofu, a plant-based chameleon that can take on various textures and flavors. Through a meticulous preparation process, we transform tofu into a succulent, meaty centerpiece that rivals traditional ham in taste and texture. The result is a dish that satisfies your taste buds with every savory bite.
Health Benefits: Nourishing Your Body and Soul
Beyond its remarkable taste, our Vegan Baked Tofu Ham offers a plethora of health benefits. Packed with plant-based proteins, essential vitamins, and minerals, this dish is a nutritional powerhouse. Say goodbye to the guilt associated with indulging in traditional ham, and embrace a meal that nourishes your body and soul.
One-Pot Wonder: Effortless Elegance for Your Dinner Table
Making a statement meal doesn’t have to involve a complex, time-consuming process. Our Vegan Baked Tofu Ham is a one-pot wonder, making it an ideal choice for busy weeknights or festive occasions. With minimal effort, you can achieve a culinary masterpiece that wows your guests and leaves you with ample time to enjoy their company.
Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure that redefines what’s possible in the realm of vegan cuisine. Our Vegan Baked Tofu Ham is more than a recipe; it’s a celebration of flavor, creativity, and conscious dining.
Shop the Recipe…
What You Need…
How to make Baked Tofu Ham
Baked Tofu Ham
- 14 oz tofu firm, pressed
- 8-10 baby Dutch potatoes cut into rounds
- ½ red onion sliced
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 thyme sprigs
- ¼ cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sage fresh
- 1 tsp Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves fresh
How to make One-Pot Baked Tofu Ham
- Press the tofu for 15-30 minutes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients.
- Gentle cut I/4 deep into the tofu cut in the opposite direction to form a diamond shape.
- Place the cut side of the tofu in the marinade. Spoon marinade some marinade on top of the top.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large sauté over medium heat with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Gently sauté the sliced onions for 2 minutes. Spread the onions to the sides of the pan.
- Add a dash of olive oil to the pan, and place the shiitake mushroom gills side up.
- Toss the potatoes in kosher salt and olive oil. Place the thyme sprigs on top of the onions and the potatoes on top.
- Add the ¼ cup of water to the sauté pan.
- Place the tofu on top of the shiitake mushrooms. Place a clove in the middle of each diamond. Coat the top of the tofu with the marinade.
- Cook for 35 minutes. Coat the top of the with marine every 15 minutes.
- The potatoes should be tender.
- Remove the tofu, and place on a platter.
- Remove the time sprigs. Stir to mix, and adjust the seasoning. Add the Italian flat-leaf parsley.
- Spread the roasted vegetable around the tofu and serve