Introduction to White Vegan Lasagna
Today, we’re diving into the world of white vegan lasagna, where we embrace the versatility of vegetables to create a truly delightful culinary experience. Our star ingredients for this recipe? The extraordinary Japanese sweet potato and eggplant.
Gone are the days when vegan lasagna meant compromising on taste or texture. With a few clever substitutions and the creative use of plant-based ingredients, we’ll guide you through the process of crafting a mouthwatering lasagna that will please even the most discerning palates.
Imagine layers of tender lasagna noodles nestled between creamy vegan creamy sauce, roasted sweet potato, and eggplant slices. This combination creates a harmonious medley of flavors that will leave you craving seconds and maybe even thirds!
But what makes this white vegan lasagna truly special is the genius incorporation of Japanese sweet potato and eggplant. These two ingredients bring their unique characteristics to the dish, providing a delightful contrast of flavors and textures.
Japanese Sweet Potato
The sweet potato, with its natural sweetness and velvety texture, adds a luscious element to the lasagna. Roasting the sweet potato slices beforehand enhances their caramelized flavor, bringing out their inherent richness and earthiness. It’s a true symphony for your taste buds!
Meanwhile, the eggplant adds a delightful savory note to the dish. Known for its ability to absorb flavors like a sponge, eggplant becomes a flavorful canvas for the herbs, spices, and seasonings used in the recipe. Once roasted, its soft and creamy texture pairs perfectly with the other components of the lasagna, adding depth and substance to each bite.
As we delve deeper into this recipe, we’ll guide you through each step, ensuring you have all the knowledge and tips you need to recreate this white vegan lasagna masterpiece in your own kitchen. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan, a curious foodie, or simply looking to add more plant-based options to your repertoire, this recipe promises to deliver a delightful and satisfying experience.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that will change the way you think about lasagna forever. Let’s indulge in the heavenly combination of flavors and textures as we create our white vegan lasagna with sweet potato and eggplant!
Shop the Recipe…
What You Need…
How to Make Vegan Lasagna
Vegan White Lasagna
Black Vinegar Roasted Eggplant
Vegan Cream Sauce
How to make Roasted Japanese Potato
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel the Japanese sweet potato.
- Slice the into ¼-inch rounds or strips.
- Place the sliced sweet potato on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, oregano, and salt.
- Brush the sweet potato with extra virgin olive oil and oregano, coating both sides.
- Roast until golden brown on the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Set aside
How to make Black Vinegar Roasted Eggplant
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise a ¼ inch thick.
- Combine the black vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Use a brush to coat both sides of the eggplant with the black vinegar oil.
- Cook until lightly roasted and tender. About 20 minutes.
- Set aside.
How to make Vegan Cream Sauce
- Heat a pot over medium heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the shallot and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Continue to cook over medium heat add in the cauliflower and red miso, cooking for another minute.
- Add the cashew, plant milk, and bay leaf.
- Reduce the heat to low cooking until the cashews are tender. The liquid should not reduce too much, if it does add a little plant milk back to the sauce.
- Puree the sauce until very smooth. Add the rice wine vinegar, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, and salt.
How to make Parsley Oil
- Combine all of the ingredients, Set aside.
How to make Lasagna Noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with kosher salt.
- Cook the noodles until very al dente.
- Drain and rinse the noodle under cold water. Using your fingers to remove excess water, place it on a baking tray, and drizzle a few drops of extra virgin olive oil over the noodles, this will prevent the noodles from sticking together.
How to Build Vegan White Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of vegan cream sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Trim the pasta to fit into the baking dish. Place a layer of pasta down.
- Spread a thin layer of vegan cream sauce over the pasta, layer the eggplant in the dish, and spread a thin layer of cream sauce over the pasta.
- Add another layer of pasta, sauce, and then a layer of sweet potato, topped with a layer of cream sauce.
- Repeat until the pan is full.
- Spread a final layer of cream sauce on the last layer of pasta.
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper and aluminum foil.
- Cook for 40 – 45 minutes until hot in the middle.
- Finish with drizzling parsley oil over the top of the lasagna.