Vegan Clam Chowder is creamy, rich, and satisfying. The other amazing trait that this soup brings is a freshness that you can only get with the hearts of palm as the star of this dish.
Shop the Recipe…
The affiliate links above earn us a small commission on the purchase if you use the link. We appreciate your support.
WHAT YOU NEED…
How To Make Vegan Clam Chowder
How to make a Sourdough Bread Bowl
Vegan Clam Chowder
Servings: 4 people
Vegan Clam Chowder is creamy, rich, and satisfying. The other amazing trait that this soup brings is a freshness that you can only get with the hearts of palm as the star of this dish.Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow potato large, small dice
- 1 cup celery small dice
- 1 cup onion small dice
- 2 Tbsp garlic sliced
- pinch salt to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaf
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- ½ cup white wine or veg stock
- 3 cups plant milk
- 1 tsp yellow miso
- ½ tsp kelp granules
- 1 sheet kombu
- 3 sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup cashew cream see recipe
- 8 oz. hearts of palm cup into rounds
- sourdough bread rolls optional for Bowl
- Warm a large pot on medium heat. Sauté potato, celery, carrot, onion, and garlic until soft and translucent. Add dry vermouth, white wine, vegetable stock, bay leaf, plant milk, kelp granules & kombu sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and ½ cup plant milk, and stir until combined to make a slurry. Add to the pot slowly while stirring. Increase heat to medium, and stir occasionally until it thickens. Add salt to taste. Cook for 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the kombu sheet, thyme sprigs, and bay leaves. Using a spider strainer, remove half of the potato, celery, and onion mixture and set aside.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add cashew cream and whisk to combine. Add the potato, celery, and onion mixture back in.
- Add hearts of palm. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until the hearts of palm are warm.
- To serve in a Sourdough Bread Bowl, cut the top off a medium sized Sourdough roll, remove the bread on the inside, toast in oven with “lid” & Excess bread on the side.
- Spoon in Chowder and enjoy!
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 1646mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 359mg | Iron: 5mg