These Baby Red Braised Potatoes are so simple to make and bring such a comfortable warm feeling to any meal.
It is perfect with 50-Hour Tofu Steak, a holiday side or a weekend dinner accompaniment.
Shop the Recipe...
How To Make Braised Potatoes
Cut the ends off both sides of the potatoes
Baby red potatoes
Roasted with garlic and thyme
Cook on both sides until golden brown
Add veg stock
Finish in the oven
You can easily experiment with adding different flavors to the braised potatoes, a great example is adding capers and lemon rind. This will create a bold Mediterranean flavor.
Servings: 4 People
These Baby Red Braised Potatoes are so simple to make and bring such a comfortable warm feeling to any meal. It is perfect with 50-Hour Tofu Steak, a holiday side or a weekend dinner accompaniment.Print Recipe
How to make Braised Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and clean the potatoes.
- Trim the ends off of the potatoes. Trim just enough so that the potato will stand on end and be roughy all the same height.
- Heat a large sauté over medium-high heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil. Place the potatoes in the pan, and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Add the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs.
- Cook the potatoes until golden brown on the bottom. Cooking for 8-10 minutes. Flip the potatoes, cooking for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for 20-25 minutes. A paring knife should gently slide into the potato when done.
- Place the cooked potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Save the cooking broth for the shiitake mushroom sauce.
Nutritional values are an estimate.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg